We’re Just Fans, Alan
Saturday 21st March 4pm to 12am
Mercure Norwich Hotel, 121 – 131 Boundary Rd, Norwich NR3 2BA
A-ha, Partridge fans! Join us for the world’s first Alan Partridge Fan Festival! Taking place at the 4 star Mercure Norwich Hotel, our Travel Tavern-esque backdrop for the evening, you’ll be part of a long, drawn out affair that must, repeat, must turn into an all-night rave. Featuring costumes, quizzes, drinking for 45 minutes, dancing (nothing after 1988), competitions, prizes, traffic cones, anecdotes, fortes and more, this is a must for any true Partridge fan.
This is a non-profit event that is being run by a small group of AP obsessives looking to have a ruddy good time with other aficionados. We felt it only right that this event takes place in Norwich and have booked the Mercure Hotel on the outskirts of the city – next to a main road and within walking distance of a petrol station with minimart.
The outline for the day is as follows:
- 4pm – guests arrive and have a glass of Blue Nun or a pint of Courage Director’s Bitter.
- 5pm: ‘What was he doing on the bloody roof’? The ultimate Alan Partridge quiz with prizes to be won.
- 6.30pm: 3-star cooked meal for guests, including beef and local ale pie and mash (or a vegetarian/vegan option for those who can’t eat fish either).
- 8pm: Air guitar competition with prizes for the best air guitarists.
- 9pm: Pre-1988 disco with songs exclusively from a time when music was good.
Ticket price includes an evening meal, full access to the festival, automatic entry into all competitions, a fun-filled fun pack, discounted ladyboy drinks, Partridge-themed games and so much more.
Come join over 200 of us to celebrate one of the world’s best-loved presenters of North Norfolk Digital radio station.
Tickets cost £25 plus booking fee and are available from our Eventbrite page: http://werejustfansalan.eventbrite.co.uk/
Please note this event is not affiliated with Baby Cow Productions, the BBC or Steve Coogan in any way. We are just fans looking to meet up with other fans!