Why There Is No Substitute for Marble Tiles in Your Bathroom
Bathrooms today have taken on an entirely new look and feel than those in the past.
Modern day bathrooms are for far more than taking care of business or grabbing a quick shower. As the average person spends 30 to 60 minutes per day in their bathroom. It is the place where you often start (or end) your day.
It is no wonder that more and more home builders are spending a pretty penny (and not regretting a dime of it) to great amazing bathroom spaces.
If you are looking to create a bathroom that is timeless an elegant, and that will also help to increase the value of your home, look to marble tiles for use in your floor and tub tiles. In fact, many celebrities have turned to marble for their bathrooms too… Anthony Bourdain, Ralph and Ricky Lauren, Lionel Richie, and Adam Levine, just to name a handful.
And really, there are so many benefits to the use of marble tiles in your bathroom.
- As mentioned previously, the use of marble tiles automatically adds a timeless beauty to your space. The ancient baths of Rome were built from marble, and have been prevalent in bathrooms across the world ever since.
- Marble is exceptionally versatile and is paired well with wood, laminate, and even other stones.
- Since marble is derived directly from the earth, every piece is inherently unique creating a distinct look within each and every tile. And with various multi-colored marble, this uniqueness can be made even more dramatic.
- The use of marble creates a look of space due to its translucency. When the room is well list or when there is the presence of a window to let in natural light. The marble tiles will take on a glow that will make the room look larger.
- Marble is an excellent conductor of heat, meaning that when you touch the marble with your hand and foot, a transfer of heat will occur from that physical contact. Thus, the floor will be warmer than many other stone materials, and that adds value in that it can actually help to lessen your heating bill.
- Homes that include marble tiles for bathroom floors, tub and shower spaces, and for fireplace surrounds result in an increased property value. Homeowners value the use of natural stone, such as marble, because of the elegance and longevity that it offers. Further, marble offers unmatched strength, durability, and quality. Because marble lasts so long, while it can cost more up front, you’ll recoup your value over time. Whether you remain in the home or decide to sell down the road.
- Marble is easy to clean, making maintenance a breeze. Marble can easily be protected for the long-term by using a well-rated granite or marble cleaner. And, regular sealing of your marble tiles will prevent unnecessary discoloration from easily absorbable moisture. Sealing can be done easily once a year (or every other year). With a PH-neutral cleaner, marble sealer, foam brush, and clean rag.
Adding marble tiles to your bathroom will be sure to delight and create that elegant sense of space that you desire, and more information about it can be found at Marble.com. The sense of luxury that you will gain, and the authenticity you will add to your bathroom.
It will pay off dividends in the years to come.