Virgin Holidays unveils new £450k v-room store in Norwich
- Virgin Holidays opens £450k v-room store at intu Chapelfield Shopping Centre
- Features immersive experiences including a virtual reality rollercoaster, cocktail bar, and Virgin Atlantic aircraft seats
- Virgin Holidays is currently offering a range of deals as part of its January sale
Virgin Holidays has today (12.01.2018) launched its first v-room store in Norwich – creating nine new jobs as part of a £450k investment in the region.
Customers booking between now and 8th February can also secure savings off their dream getaway thanks to the Virgin Holidays sale.
The Norwich v-room is located in intu Chapelfield Shopping Centre, and has been designed in the style of a luxurious airport lounge to provide a relaxing environment for customers. Unique features include a virtual reality rollercoaster, a complimentary bar serving exotic cocktails, a children’s play area and a selection of Virgin Atlantic’s Upper Class and Premium Economy seats to enable customers to try before they fly.
The innovative virtual reality rollercoaster was designed especially for the store and takes customers on a ride through the roof of Intu Chapelfield Shopping Centre, through space (passing a Virgin Galactic spacecraft) and straight to the famous Las Vegas strip.
Joe Thompson, Managing Director of Virgin Holidays, says: “We’re proud to unveil our first v-room in East Anglia – representing a £450k investment in Norwich, and bringing the holiday experience alive for customers before they depart.
“Holidays are some of the most precious moments we share with loved ones, and we want to immerse customers in that feeling from the moment they set foot inside our v-room. Our new store helps inspire customers by bringing the sights, sounds and tastes of their holiday right here to Norwich.
“We know today’s customers expect much more than a package holiday – they want a unique experience. Our expert team in Norwich can tailor each trip by combining our worldwide network of hotels and flights with over 300 experiences including helicopter rides, personal shopping trips, surfing lessons, and safaris.”
Sheridan Smith, marketing manager at intu Chapelfield, said: “We’re very excited that Virgin Holidays have decided to locate their v-room store within intu Chapelfield and I’m particularly looking forward to trying out the virtual rollercoaster. We’re in constant dialogue with a range of national, local and international brands to ensure that we continue to offer the people of Norfolk a vibrant retail and leisure mix. The Virgin Holidays v-room store will provide our shoppers with a fabulous way to get into the holiday spirit; even before they’ve booked their trip.”
Key features of the new Norwich v-room:
- The development of the 1,232 square foot store was designed by Your Studio and project managed by Resolution Interiors
- Five kiosks with relaxed seating for families to consult with Virgin Holidays’ expert travel consultants
- A complimentary bar serving soft drinks, holiday-inspired cocktails, American snacks, and a range of wine
- A children’s play area
- A selection of Virgin Atlantic’s Upper Class and Premium Economy plane seats to enable customers to try before they fly
- A unique virtual reality rollercoaster experience – taking customers to Las Vegas and back, via space
For more information about Virgin Holidays visit: www.virginholidays.co.uk