Ten Days to Go until Holkham Country Fair
In just ten days’ time, North Norfolk’s much loved weekend biennial Country Fair will be welcoming thousands of visitors from in and around East Anglia to Holkham Estate on 22 & 23 July.
Holkham Country Fair will be offering a diverse range of entertainment and many countryside activities taking place including an enviable Grand Ring line-up which boasts a hub of spectacular displays and performances never seen before at the Fair for visitors to enjoy, including:
- The Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, The Red Arrows is one of the world’s premier aerobatic display teams and for the first time ever, will be one of the main attractions at Holkham Country Fair (Sunday only*). As part of their display the team will exhibit their trademark speed, close formations and precision flying.
- The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Display will return to the skies of Norfolk as Holkham Country Fair brings visitors a unique opportunity to see the iconic World War II Spitfire, Hurricane and Dakota on both days.
- Dzhigitovka! – The Way of the Cossack Warrior are legendary warriors, masters of the Shashka sword in knife throwing and pistol shooting with outstanding gymnastic skills all performed on the back of galloping horses.
- Jump4Heroes Extreme Human Flight Team – Dropping into the arena with smoke trailing and flags flying will be Jump4Heroes, the Royal British Legion Extreme Human Flight Team. All serving or former members of the Army, Jump4Heroes support charities which help the Armed Forces.
Sarah Green, Organiser for Holkham Country Fair, comments:
“Transformation of the grounds at Holkham Estate is fully underway and the ten day countdown is on! It’s always an exciting yet nerve-wracking period as the event draws closer and it’s time to see all of the hard work come together. I am very confident we have put on an event which gives value for money and allows our visitors to spectate a variety of displays and entertainment amongst the beautiful setting of Holkham Estate.”
Around the Showground is the new Woodforde’s Food Village – a celebration of artisan food producers and local food offering visitors the opportunity to relax with a real ale, sample and purchase local farm produce, cheeses, chocolates and pies.
Get Hooked on Fishing is an opportunity for visitors of all ages to enjoy fishing lessons and pond dipping sessions as well as gain expert fishing advice from experienced anglers.
For visitors seeking an adrenaline rush the Fair has a brand new Zip Wire ride where thrill seekers of all ages can whizz through the park on the 60m long zipline.
Aside from the brand new attractions on display at Holkham Country Fair, there is still an array of countryside favourites including Sporting Clay Pigeon Shooting, Band of The Parachute Regiment, Historic Car Parade, over 200 Trade Stands and Fishing Demonstrations with Casting competitions and tuition.
“Holkham Country Fair is an outdoor event suitable for everyone, regardless of age or abilities. I really am looking forward to seeing it all come together in just ten days’ time and welcoming thousands of smiling faces through the gates. See you there!”
Gates open daily at 9am.
How to get there:
Holkham Country Fair is ideally suited for arrival by car. The postcode for the Satnav is NR23 1AB.
Free parking is available at several areas around Holkham Hall. Drivers will be guided to the nearest car park on arrival by the Red Socks
A limited number of electric scooters and wheelchairs are available to hire during Holkham Country Fair. Booking is essential and can be done by call 01353 653 752 or visiting www.mobilityhire4you.com. To collect booked accessibility items and to access disabled parking visitors need to enter the event via the Golden Gates (NR23 1SF) or North entrance (NR23 1RH).
All dogs are welcome on leads.
Day tickets will be available to buy on the gate or visitors can purchase day, weekend and camping tickets online right now at a reduced price. Children 14 and under can attend for free. For more information or to book tickets visit: www.holkhamcountryfair.co.uk
* Weather conditions permitting. (All activities, especially those in the air, are subject to weather conditions).